Program educational Objectives:
The graduates of Civil Engineering program should achieve the following within few years after graduation:
Competency in design, construction, and management of various civil engineering projects, and demonstration of leadership in private and public local and regional organizations.
Continuous development of capacities through training, post graduate education, and life-long learning, as well as obtaining professional licensure and certification.
Demonstration of understanding and commitment to ethical, societal, and professional issues in a diverse working environment.
Transfer of technical and managerial abilities to create a productive work environment.
Civil Engineering Student Outcomes
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.