Program educational Objectives:
The graduates of Civil Engineering program should achieve the following within few years after graduation:
Competency in design, construction, and management of various civil engineering projects, and demonstration of leadership in private and public local and regional organizations.
Continuous development of capacities through training, post graduate education, and life-long learning, as well as obtaining professional licensure and certification.
Demonstration of understanding and commitment to ethical, societal, and professional issues in a diverse working environment.
Transfer of technical and managerial abilities to create a productive work environment.
Civil Engineering Educational student Outcomes:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.