The vision of the computer engineering department is to produce high-quality graduates who possess solid theoretical and practical foundation, through emphasizing scholastic excellence, practical skills, and professional competency to produce the leaders in the computing field. We strive to achieve our vision while expanding the scientific knowledge through research and contributing positively to the community.
The mission of the Computer Engineering Program is to:
- Equip its graduates with the theoretical and practical skills needed to assume leadership positions in industry, government, and academia.
- Promoting active learning, critical thinking, and engineering judgment, coupled with the ability to apply knowledge for solving engineering problems in the global, economic, societal, and environmental contexts.
- Enhance the scientific, mathematical, and technical knowledge of the graduates and train them to acquire the ability to analyze, synthesize, and design core parts of modern computing systems.
- Expand the knowledge in computer engineering through research in many fields to advance the state of the art and perform community services.
- Assure quality and foster systematic pursuit of improvement in education, while considering social, political, ethical, health, safety, and sustainability aspects, within a life-long learning framework.