The Industrial Engineering program at An-Najah National University commits itself to the following Program Educational Objectives (PEO):
- PEO 1:Be effective in applying various tools of industrial engineering in an integrated fashion to address problems to cater for needs of diverse production and service sectors.
- PEO 2: Become pioneers in their profession equipped with professional and ethical responsibilities .
- PEO3: Pursue a successful career, both nationally and internationally, sustained by life-long learning .
Student outcomes are outcomes (a) through (k) plus any additional outcomes that may be articulated by the program:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.