This program aims in general to develop students' knowledge and experience in the field of urban planning in order to be able to improve the quality of the physical environment.
The specific objectives for this program can be summarized as follows:
- provide students with the foundations and principles that help to improve the spatial, economic and social environment.
- cover the need of the public sector (municipalities, ministries and concerned institutions) and the private sector (engineering offices and consulting firms) of specialists in the field of urban planning and development.
- provide students with techniques and skills related to planning in order to facilitate their practice.
- improve and strengthen the practice of urban planning and development in Palestine.
- contribute to laying the foundations and rules that help in developing and building the Palestinian planning and organization institutions.
- contribute to laying the foundations and rules necessary for the management and control of environmental change and physical development of Palestinian communities.
- contribute to the preparation and implementation of development plans for Palestinian communities.
- contribute to cover the need of neighboring Arab countries (like Jordan) as well as Gulf countries for planners, to follow accelerated urban developments, as well as the face of urban and environmental problems and challenges
Student outcomes are outcomes (1) through (7) plus any additional outcomes that may be articulated by the program..
An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.