This loboratory provides an excellent training course mainly in "Asphaltic Materials and Paving Mixtures", with all related practical tests. The laboratory is fully equipped to test the characteristics of road aggregates, bitumen, bituminous materials, bituminous mixes and soil sub grade evaluation.
After the completion of this course, the student has the ability to:
- Identify and describe the characteristics and engineering properties of the materials used in highways.
- Describe the important steps and considerations in mix design procedures.
- Describe the field and laboratory testing procedures and the significance of test results, along with their relationship to laboratory designs.
Courses: Advanced Highway Design-Transportation Engineering
- CALIFORNIA BEARING RATIO – CBR.
- Penetration of Bitumious Materials.
- Saybolt universal / Furol viscosity.
- Flash And Fire Points (BY CLEVELAND OPEN CUP).
- Softening point of asphalts and TAR pitches(Ring & Ball Method).
- Ductility of Bituminous Materials.
- Asphaltic Concrete Mix Design/Marshall Test And Density / Voids Analysis.
- Extraction of Asphalt /Binder Content And Gradation of Mineral Aggregates.
- Measurement of skid resistance of a surface.