Unit operation is the study of necessary equations of design to apply them in the design of different chemical processes: absorption and stripping, distillation, solvent extractions, evaporative cooling, solid drying, crystallization, ion exchange, filtration, screening, sedimentation, computation methods in multistage and multicomponent systems and operations including particulate solids.
This Lab course aims at helping students acquire practical knowledge of industrial unit operations. Experiments conducted include distillation, diffusion, absorption, stripping, evaporative cooling, crystallization, extraction of crystallized liquids, operations of mixing solid and liquid materials.
- Unit Operations Lab
- Process Control Lab
- Continuous Distillation Column (UOP3CC).
- Liquid/ Liquid Extraction Unit (UOP5).
- Gas Absorption Column (UOP7).
- CONTINUOUS SOLID/LIQUID EXTRACTION PILOT PLANT.
- Single stage Evaporation Unit.